Monday, April 5, 2010

Dear Bread Diary (Week 3)

I realize now that I've been judging "good" and "bad" bread by aesthetics. I've been so shallow.
My family says the bread has been good and tasty. I agree. And the aroma has been unbelievable. I haven't had to light a candle or turn on my Scentsy in quite a few weeks. So, forgive me for not loving the looks of you.

I also have discovered that once I've eaten you, my belly doesn't feel...bloated? irritated? poisoned? Like my innards are all broken out in a bad case of hives? I can't get the words right, but I don't feel poorly after eating you as opposed to your store bought imposter.

Another thing I've noticed; that on the days where I knead you for 10 minutes, the next day, my upper abs hurt. I think it's from using a downward force with both of my hands pushing you down against the counter top. My triceps are also getting a work-out when I have to use my wooden spoon to mix Sid, the sourdough starter to make bread. Nice.

sincerely,
Dough Girl

ps- I really miss fooling with you on the days I have other things to do besides give you my full attention. Could it be that I'm beginning to love you?

No comments: