Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 23: Cinnamon Loaf

Cinn-ahhh-MAHN (the last part should be sung with full vibrato).

Well, sort of like that.

Here is how my day went down on the day I made cinnamon loaf. I woke up late. I let the dog out. I caught my sweater (that James claims will be my 80-year-old-lady-sweater. Yes, it's my favorite around the house sweater and it's better than a robe because I don't get tangled up in it when I sit down. Don't ask. It's 15 years old and nobody has to see it except me and my guys.) on FIRE. I got my laundry started (finished would be 2 days later and even the term "finished" when applied to laundry is vague). I made the dough and put in Bob for it's first rising. I fed the dog.  I showered. I let the dog out. I chased the dog down. I ate breakfast. I took my vitamins. I made my first attempt to get on-line. I brushed my teeth. I checked on the dough. WHAT!?? IT'S BEEN AN HOUR AND THE DOUGH HAS NOT DOUBLED IN BULK! I re-boil the water and crank up Bob to a cozy 170 degrees. I go check on the internet attempt. NOPE, not cooperating. I make attempt #2. I switch laundry out. I get the boys started on their school work. I tidy up the living room. I remember the oven and go turn it off and put the pot of water in again. I check on the computer. I check bank acct., email, FB, Google, and a few news articles. Thirty minutes later, I go check on the dough. It's beginning to rise a little more and at a faster pace. My friend calls and is ready to pick me up (I'm helping her today at her house with a project of hers). I get dressed. I grab my stuff to finish the bread with. I go to friend's house and do the second half of the instructions for my cinnamon loaf. I help friend. I answer phone calls from my kids who have questions. My friend's house begins to smell of yummy, yeasty, cinnamon goodness. I come home and make the glaze for the loaf and drizzle it on. I lose control and slice into the loaf (uhmm, for pictures' sake). I sample. I hear angels in the architecture! I walk away from the kitchen to go write about it (for distraction). But, now, it's all coming back to me.
The End.
 Enjoy the photos.























2 comments:

Michelle Wolbaum said...

That is way to funny, and way to familiar. I have to tell you, though, your posts are inspiring. Makes me want to go make bread. The pictures help also.

Michelle Wolbaum said...

I love your blog. It feels so familiar at times. I am also getting inspired in alot of ways. Well, and hunger with the pictures of the bread. It looks REALLY good.