Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 29: I'm Lookin' Over a 4 Leaf Clover

Well, I'm not really looking over a 4 leaf clover. But I did make Cloverleaf Rolls.



It wasn't difficult at all. The only unfortunate thing that happened was I forgot to brush  melted butter on the tops before baking.
Sad.
 I think it would have been nice to have had shiny tops instead of the matte finish that they had. Oh well. They were still good. We ate them without butter. *GASP* And they make pretty good ham and mayo sandwiches the next day. On day 3, you should toast them with a little butter to accompany your coffee. Then, they ought to be all gone. If not, then you are on you own as to what to do with them if you have any on day 4.

You may not know this, but my little Charlie found a 4 leaf clover. Yep. I do not lie. It happened like this. We were hiking out near Silver Falls and we stopped for a snack break.


Charlie was bored and hyper. I, in an attempt to occupy him for what would be a hopefully quiet and contemplative 3 minutes, suggested he look for a 4 leaf clover. We were sitting near a HUGE patch of clover that covered some interesting terrain. I told him that I had heard that there is usually one 4 leaf clover within every 12 square inches. I have searched for a 4 leaf clover my whole life when opportunity has presented itself because it seems so simple to find one, however, I have never found one. Maybe he could.

I no sooner finished telling him this and he replies, "like that one there", as he points over by a tree about 3 feet away. I laugh. I say, "Charlie, there isn't one there. Well, I guess there could be". He says, "no, really, right there". He walks over with me following him and SURE ENOUGH, THERE'S A 4 LEAF CLOVER!!


No comments: