Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 25: I Used an Alaskan

I used an Alaskan Amber bottle of beer to make bread. This is the EASIEST bread to make. EVER!
Fo Reelz, Sistah. I do not lie. The picture shows 3 ingredients and a loaf of bread. How easy is that? Anger management...well, that's where beer comes in handy. One bottle for the bread. One bottle for me. (and some Lynyrd Skynyrd in the background)

Actually, the day before, I attempted beer biscuits. They were epic fail. I used a different recipe today and made a loaf of bread.                              
                                                                 SUCCESS!


Recipe for Beer Bread:

cups of self-rising flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 can/bottle of beer

Combine ingredients, mixing well. Let sit for 20 minutes. Dance around to the music. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or so (til golden). Dance around some more.

 Note: If using a darker beer, you may want to whip up some honey butter to serve with the bread to cut the strong beer flavor (recommended). Your bread won't taste like beer too much. It's the yeast in the beer that makes the bread rise and the more hoppy the beer, the more beer notes there will be. So, for some of you, you may just want to use good ol' American Budweiser and some others may want to use Guiness. If I were in Texas...ahhh...yes...I'd use a Shiner Bock.

Caution: your house will smell like a distillery, so don't invite any prudes over that day.

2 comments:

TheCrochetEnthusiast said...

Sounds yummy and seems so easy! I'll have to make it sometime.

If you are needed more recipes, I have a recipebook book called "More-with-Less Cookbook." It encourages healthful recipes that 1) don't break the bank, 2) don't waste the "world's limited food resources." If you ever want to look through it, just let me know and I'll take it to church for you to borrow.

Gail said...

I'm picturing the dancing around to Lynyrd Skynyrd. Great image! I may actually have to try this recipe. I mean 3 ingredients? How easy is that!