Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 26: OOOOH, Honey!


Oatmeal Honey bread. It tastes like...like...

      There once was this little bee who lived near fields of wheat and oats. Of course, there were all sorts of wildflowers nearby as well. The little bee made bread with the resources of the land and created oatmeal honey bread.

The recipe I used to create the two loaves were from a friend of mine. And let me tell you, she's as busy as a bee and this bread recipe is amazing! It's very moist. It's honey and oat-full. I'm not sure which I like more about it, the honey or the oats. Or the fact that it makes 2 loaves. Hmmm...



I wasn't sure how it would turn out because I used Old Fashioned rolled oats instead of the Quick Oats. I also wasn't sure if both loaves would come out all right (I tend to not have success with more than one loaf). But, alas, I had two loaves that baked to yummy goodness. We ate one and the other is in the freezer.

Tomorrow, I make Cranky Bread. If you click on that link, you'll see what I'll be working with.
 I'm gearing up for it. I'll crank out a blog post for ya afterwards. Har, har!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

I'm glad you liked it! Now you'll have to try out that no-knead one I sent you. Just remember not to let the sticky dough discourage you!