Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 19: Death & Taxes Bread

The saying about there being two certain things in life: Death and Taxes, comes to mind today. I, Michelle, can also count on screwing up bread loaves. I can count 7 days worth of "good" bread and obviously 12 days of "bad" bread. (Yes, I judge by aesthetics. I'm working on changing how I judge things.)

Good bread: beignets, doughnuts, BLT bread, sourdough rolls, hamburger buns, hot cross buns and bread sticks and something else.

We won't talk about the failed attempts. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

These were ill-fated attempts at culinary scrumptousness.
                                    
Here are my Death and Taxes Bread. Two loaves of inevitable......
Where's the nice dome top? Where did this floury top come from? Where's the golden color?
Bread making could be the death of me. I owe taxes. I need knead dough.



No comments: