Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 20: Plays Well With Others (refrigerator rolls; attempt #2)

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!
BOOM BEBE!
THESE ROLLS ARE DOPE, DAWG!
THEY ARE DA BOMB!
THESE ARE STAND UP AND SLAP YOUR MAMMA ROLLS!
Remember that scene in "When Harry Met Sally"? Yeah, that one. (If you haven't seen it, go stream, download, rent, borrow it and you'll know the scene when you get to it.) You know the one. Well, these rolls can cause quite a commotion, I'll just say that. If you want the recipe, you'll have to contact me. Here are the pictures and if I could give you scratch and sniff computing, I would. Just know they smell heavenly. If I could have bath oils or candles or shampoo or body wash that smelled like these rolls, I would...I would... well, I don't know what I would.

Anyway, ya'll have read about Sid (not to be confused with Snarky), the sourdough starter that has taken up residence in my fridge.  Sid now has a fridge-mate. Sally moved in. Sally is the refrigerator roll dough and she changes every week. Refrigerator roll dough  is dough that gets to hang out in your fridge in an air tight bowl until you need it. And baby, I need it! The dough will keep for 4-5 days and then it will need a purpose.

"When Sid Met Sally"









Oh yeah, pictures of the rolls... here they are.
Those were the first attempt. FAIL!

HERE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!


All 24 little balls in 1 pan. Trust me. They like to cozy up together and play.
See. Told ya so!
Careful, as they say on the ranch, these will cause your skirt to fly up!
...And try to show restraint when sampling them warm from the oven.

No comments: