Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 12: A Dozen Days, A Dozen Scones


Here today and gone scone tomorrow. I made chocolate chip scones in my nifty scone pan.

I had a cup of Typhoo tea with my one scone. The other scones weren't accompanied by a beverage.
And it wasn't just me eating them.
There were others.
Honest.

Scones are considered a quick bread. They're quick to make and quick to eat. And just a tip for those who may want to make some, I use my fingers to smush the butter and flour mixture instead of the pastry blender. I find I have better results. Plus, it's sort of therapeutic. Remember, I'm learning to manage my anger.


A brief history of scones(and believe me, the history of a scone is brief):

Scones originated in Scotland in the early 1500's. They were originally made from oats and griddle-cooked. They became popular once Anna, the Duchess of Bedford started ordering them everyday with her afternoon tea. They are still a traditional accompaniment to "Afternoon Tea  Time" (precisely 4:00 p.m.) in England. They are typically served with clotted cream as a topping. However, scones can be served for breakfast and they can be savory or sweet.

For recipes, check out this link:

http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/Scones.htm



.

No comments: