Thursday, May 6, 2010

Snarky is Snomore

For those who have kept up with the life and times of Snarky the 35 year old sourdough starter, I have some tragic news for you today.

My friend Julie, who hosted Snarky for a few weeks, reports that Snarky is gone. Now, she didn't say "dead", she just said "gone". As you know, sourdough starter ferments, so most starters reak of ...
of....
well...
alcohol.
So, to say that Snarky had an alcohol problem is stating a fact.

The following quote is from Julie.
                    "Sorry, Snarky is all gone. I called him Bob. He smelled funky, and I just didn't have it in me to rescue him again. He had a tendency to smell VERY strongly of alcohol" .

Here's a photo of Snarky. Last seen in the Spring 2010, Banks, Oregon.

Goodbye, Snarky. You'll be remembered by some of us. God speed.

No comments: