Monday, May 3, 2010

Dear Bread Diary, My Love,

...My yummy precious homemade goodness...bread(Say it softly.) Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Just thinking about the last 30 days and bread recipes causes me to go into a wheat/gluten/carb induced fog. A fun sort of fog. A dream-like state.

I have maintained my round figure through eating bread, and yet...even more bread. I've never eaten so much bread in such a short amount of time. It's been lovely. Like a little vacation. The kind where meals are all inclusive and you just eat and eat and eat. I'll wake up from this in 10 more days.

I'm not as angry. Perhaps having a 40 day project to focus on has helped tremendously. Add to that the emergence of Spring and longer daylight hours ( 5:30am- 9:20pm) and I suppose we have the makings of a happier Michelle.

Perhaps my next 40 day project will be 40 days of sweat. Ewww.. but, what's a girl to do after eating bread for 40 days? I doubt it will be as fun. But, I can sweat out the anger, the anxieties, the bitterness, the rest of my emotional dregs. Yuck. I think the trick would be to find 40 different ways to break a sweat (and of course maintain that sweat for 30 minutes). Sounds challenging and daunting.
I'm not sure I want to come out of my foggy way of life.

I love you bread,
xoxo M.

No comments: