Saturday, November 16, 2013

Tea Sandwiches

Tea sandwiches are so much fun to eat. You need to think beyond basic cucumber (though, I like those too, especially with some herbed cream cheese or some Boursin spread). How about some open faced tea sandwiches, which in some parts of the party sphere are called "canapés". Uh huh, I'm venturing into what the party elite call "horse doovers" or better yet, "or derbs". But hear me (or read me in this case), tea sandwiches are like the proverbial step child; they are underrated; they aren't really considered. It's a crying shame. They absolutely can be a great addition to a party menu. Take for example their ability to stretch a loaf of bread, the ease of preparation, the convenience factor of the leftovers. These little buggers can be a hostess' bestie! And, I should mention how they transcend age and gender. If you have kiddos, pb&j cut into four little handy sandwiches with the crust removed get eaten more than a whole big-a$$ sandwich does! AND...bbq pulled pork on miniature buns, as men fondly call "sliders", get gobbled up on game day like nobody's business. 

Have I convinced you to re-think your ideas of tea sandwiches? 



For the remainder of the month, I'll post some autumnal flavors that get served in miniature style on a wee bit of bread. 

No comments: