Tuesday, November 19, 2013

about those Olive-Pecan Finger Sandwiches

As promised, here is a wonderful yummy Autumnal recipe for those who love olives, pecans and cream cheese!
I found this recipe in Tea Time Magazine and immediately went to my kitchen to whip some up! I had everything on hand except the "Very Thin Wheat Bread" so I just used my regular bread. 
Because of the noise from the mixer, I had a teenage boy show up in the kitchen. Teenage boys are sort of like pets; like when a pet hears the fridge(or a wrapper, a tater chip bag or even the tuna can leaving the shelf) and then suddenly are under foot, that's sort of how it works with teenage boys. So, here I am, chopping, toasting, mixing, spreading, cutting and someone else wants to eat the fruits of my labor!

Ok. I let him. He's a charming boy.

HOLY TOLEDO! We couldn't stop eating this. I gave up the bread and grabbed some crackers and we just about finished that up before there was any evidence for other house occupants to find (the dog new. He liked it too.)

Hubby ventured through the kitchen while teenage boy, dog and I had our cheeks stuffed with the stuff. That incriminated us as we couldn't really speak. 
Or hide.
Or run (we didn't want to leave the mixture).
Hubby looked around and finished what was left.

I've been told to make it again.
I have. 
shhh....they don't know.

Here's the link:
Olive-Pecan Finger Sandwiches

No comments: