Monday, August 25, 2008

WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO?

Hello?

Hello? Is summer over there? Here, it's 67 degrees and partly cloudy on August the 25th. I think I lost summer. I'm not too terribly busy anymore with guests and I'm wanting a chance for some summertime activity. I only went swimming twice (well, I didn't swim, the water was too cold). I haven't had any mixed drinks while lounging on my patio. I haven't read any magazines ( I bought some with good intentions). I've only worn sleeveless shirts for maybe 2 weeks total? My "what-little-tan-I-had" is now fading. It's sad. I knew not to expect a long summer season up here in Oregon. I was told 7 weeks. I just didn't want to believe it. Summer must have tried to tell me it was leaving after that 105 degree weekend, but I thought, it was telling me to come along and play. I cleared my week so as not to be busy. I know that once September gets here, it's time to crack down with school and fall schedules. So, I was getting my summer toys together and *PUFF*......summer left.

People tell me that sometimes, here in Oregon, we'll get an Indian Summer during September. Well, I'm going to take my mixed drink, sleeveless shirt and fading tan self outside and have a pow-wow and perhaps a dance around the fire tonight (they say it should be 48 degrees tonight) for a call out to Summer to come back, or at least send it's Indian cousin.

No comments: